Sign in to follow this  
Guest that guy

Programs that use to be good......what happened?

Guest that guy

The COVID has put me into research mode for sure and in organizing some of the data on scmat regarding duals playoffs I noticed some schools that once upon a time were state contenders annually or semi-annually who we really haven't heard from in a while and I wanted to get anyone's thoughts on why they have dropped off comparatively.

Irmo - Between 1996 and 2002 they made the 4A final four 5 times out of 6 seasons and since 2002 have never been back. They've produced certainly some good individuals but maybe not the team necessary to compete at a state level. 

Dutch Fork - again between 1996 and 2003 the silver foxes made the final four 7 out of 8 seasons, they last made the final four in 2006 but since then have fallen off in comparison to their history.

Seneca - between 1994 and 2001 Seneca was a powerhouse making the final four 8 straight years. Since 2001 they've been VERY quiet. 

Spring Valley - Between 1993 and 2003 the Vikings went to the 4A final four 5 times. So basically every other year they were competing for a trip to state. Since 2003? silence.

Loris - this one is more recent as they made the final four once in this decade but they were on a roll between 2006 - 2011 but haven't done much since.

Lake City - Between 1999 and 2004 they had a pretty solid run in 3A but since then have not produced a final four or state team

There are some others that are more recent such as Hilton Head, North Myrtle and Hanahan who had some really good runs but with the exception of North Myrtle these last two seasons have kind of dropped off.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this