Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wrestling Fan

2020-2021 Season

Guest Wrestling Fan
6 minutes ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

I said 5-7 as I believe that would be the range, but the point being, Wrestling Coach trying to a rationalize Summerville not being competitive against them is false. 
And again with Hillcrest losing 126,132, 152, 182,195 and one or two others, Summerville is only losing One of the wins in our column......so you see where I’m going....... 

The difference is Hillcrest kids bonus when they win and when they lose they don’t give up bonus points.They are losing a lot but still return lots of wrestlers and most of the backups would start for any other program in the state

Guest Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

I said 5-7 as I believe that would be the range, but the point being, Wrestling Coach trying to a rationalize Summerville not being competitive against them is false. 
And again with Hillcrest losing 126,132, 152, 182,195 and one or two others, Summerville is only losing One of the wins in our column......so you see where I’m going....... 

Yes Hillcrest is losing seniors at those weights, but coming up are 4 JV state champs. And returning 2 state champs and 1 SQ. There might be some drop-off, but maybe not what you expect...

Guest Truth

Plus you know there will be some “moves”. Seems good kids end up at different schools every year 

Guest Stephen Butler

I don’t buy that Bonus talk at all, Looking at those match ups we would have gotten some bonus wins. And sorry I don’t put allot into the entire JV State thing  transferring to the next level......or they have all these kids that would start for any other program. 

If Summerville returns the current kids they are slated to return, in my opinion they will win State in 5A. They have very few holes. All I hear in reply is they have these kids we think will come in and just be fine. 

Bottom line is right now what Summerville has on paper coming back next year beats what Hillcrest has. Argue that! 

2 hours ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

I don’t buy that Bonus talk at all, Looking at those match ups we would have gotten some bonus wins. And sorry I don’t put allot into the entire JV State thing  transferring to the next level......or they have all these kids that would start for any other program. 

If Summerville returns the current kids they are slated to return, in my opinion they will win State in 5A. They have very few holes. All I hear in reply is they have these kids we think will come in and just be fine. 

Bottom line is right now what Summerville has on paper coming back next year beats what Hillcrest has. Argue that! 

bottom line....We dont wrestle on paper! 

Guest Stephen Butler
3 minutes ago, wrestlingcoach said:

bottom line....We dont wrestle on paper! 

You offer very little but conjecture.  How about we sweep 106-120, 132-145, 160, 182, 195,220!! 

Guest Stephen Butler is a Fool

Come on man....You cant sit there and say that you dont buy bonus points in wrestling. Hillcrest is known for not giving up bonus points and then having a few studs that earn bonus points. That is how these teams win big matches. Summerville wouldnt have stood a chance against Hillcrest, Lugoff, or Byrnes this year. They couldnt even beat White Knoll when it mattered. Hillcrest and Byrnes both had varisty level guys not in their starting lineup this year that would beat most of the starters from summerville this year. Since Hillcrest seems to be the favorite Ill go ahead and say you will not win at 120, 138, 138, 145,152,182 and guess what...some of those will win with BONUS POINTS!!!!

42 minutes ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

You offer very little but conjecture.  How about we sweep 106-120, 132-145, 160, 182, 195,220!! 

Saying that we do not wrestle on paper is actually quite the opposite of conjecture. I will bet a paycheck Summervine doesnt win the weight classes you listed above.

Guest Stephen Butler
21 minutes ago, Guest Stephen Butler is a Fool said:

Come on man....You cant sit there and say that you dont buy bonus points in wrestling. Hillcrest is known for not giving up bonus points and then having a few studs that earn bonus points. That is how these teams win big matches. Summerville wouldnt have stood a chance against Hillcrest, Lugoff, or Byrnes this year. They couldnt even beat White Knoll when it mattered. Hillcrest and Byrnes both had varisty level guys not in their starting lineup this year that would beat most of the starters from summerville this year. Since Hillcrest seems to be the favorite Ill go ahead and say you will not win at 120, 138, 138, 145,152,182 and guess what...some of those will win with BONUS POINTS!!!!

I love people who are so willing to be so bold, but they won’t attach their names to their post. 
That seems to be the popular thing these days. 

I mean seriously, It just takes a little time to looks at some common opponent scenarios etc for me to come to a reasonable conclusion that Sville would have gotten bonus points. 

And certainly you are smart enough to know Match ups are everything in a dual. Yes Sville lost to WK, but Sville best RB who beat WK handily! So your logic doesn’t apply. 

Anyway you are certainly entitled to your opinion and creating  silly guest names! I’ll stand by what I have posted. I expect Summerville to make it clear pretty early in the season next year. 

Guest Stephen Butler
6 minutes ago, wrestlingcoach said:

Saying that we do not wrestle on paper is actually quite the opposite of conjecture. I will bet a paycheck Summervine doesnt win the weight classes you listed above.

Well how can I bet with a poster who uses a generic screen name? You lost me on the conjecture part.......

2 minutes ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

Well how can I bet with a poster who uses a generic screen name? You lost me on the conjecture part.......

Figures...Summerviel wins all the weight classes you listed above against Hillcrest and I will glady give you the paycheck. I dont even care what you give me when you are wrong

Guest Stephen Butler
3 minutes ago, wrestlingcoach said:

Figures...Summerviel wins all the weight classes you listed above against Hillcrest and I will glady give you the paycheck. I dont even care what you give me when you are wrong

Can I get half your paycheck if I get half right? 
I know public teachers/coaches salaries aren’t huge, but I’ll take anything I can get! 

1 minute ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

Can I get half your paycheck if I get half right? 
I know public teachers/coaches salaries aren’t huge, but I’ll take anything I can get! 

Wise Guy here!!!

Why are we now falling back on the confidence a little bit here.You said they would sweep those classes. Keep that same energy Butler! 

Guest Stephen Butler

Wise Guy here!!!

Why are we now falling back on the confidence a little bit here.You said they would sweep those classes. Keep that same energy Butler! 

And you said we couldn’t beat them/wouldn’t stand a chance etc ! So we just need to make it simple, team that wins! 

1 minute ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

And you said we couldn’t beat them/wouldn’t stand a chance etc ! So we just need to make it simple, team that wins! 

Man...losing that energy you had a little bit ago! Id probably still take the bet though. 

Guest Stephen Butler

Man...losing that energy you had a little bit ago! Id probably still take the bet though. 

With this C Virus and all the hysteria.....Can I get a little advance on good faith on my word that Sville will win or ill set up payment arrangements with you!! 

Focus on training them boys to fight the mason tilt and the stalls on bottom that Hillcrest will be using and then we will worry about the money 

10 hours ago, Guest Stephen Butler said:

With this C Virus and all the hysteria.....Can I get a little advance on good faith on my word that Sville will win or ill set up payment arrangements with you!! 

1 hour ago, wrestlingcoach said:

Focus on training them boys to fight the mason tilt and the stalls on bottom that Hillcrest will be using and then we will worry about the money 

Hillcrest doesn't even do that cross wrist tilt anymore... I think they realized it's a gimmick move that can't be used to beat tough opponents.  Gotta be careful about getting the first takedown tho, they have a nasty switch.

Guest Switches get Stiches

Guest Steven Butler congrats to your kid G Butler I'm assuming? He is a tough kid and did well this year,  BUT I guess you and everyone is back on the Summerville train and they haven't won anything in a little bit. All I know is your lucky the LaPrad's aren't coaching down there or anywhere for that matter bc It would be massacre.

Guest Switches get Stiches

SwGuest Steven Butler congrats to your kid G Butler I'm assuming? He is a tough kid and did well this year,  BUT I guess you and everyone is back on the Summerville train and they haven't won anything in a little bit. All I know is your lucky the LaPrad's aren't coaching down there or anywhere for that matter bc It would be massacre.

I love how nobody has the balls to say anything and THAT IS HOW I KNOW I'M RIGHT!

Guest covid-19

Hillcrest will simply reload. They return 2 state champs and another state placer. They had 4 JV state champs and 2 JV state placers. 106, 113 and Upper weights (182 and up) will be their soft underbelly but 120 up to 170 look for Hillcrest to be solid especially in the middle weights with Hopkins and Jagodzinski. The Jagodzinski kid was lights out in all their state duals matches. My guess is is that kid could've placed at varsity state. Region 1 won't offer any competition for the Rams.

Byrnes had a great run these last 2 seasons but I think they missed their chance. They return 3 really good varsity hammers and had 2 JV state champs but I don't see them getting beyond Hillcrest. They will in Region 2 however.

Rock Hill is gonna be in a "rebuilding" phase. Only 1 returning state qualifier. RH's saving grace is they will return 6 JV state placers. Don't expect much from RH in 20-21 but 21-22 could be their year. Being in Region 4 means RH could probably run their B team to a region title.

Clover is headed in the right direction. 2 returning state qualifiers, 2 JV state champs and another JV state placer. I THINK they can beat Fort Mill and get a region title but don't ever count out Coach Brock.

Guest covid-19

Lower State

Region 5 - River Bluff hands down. 5 returning state qualifiers, 1 JV state placer. White Knoll COULD compete with them but RB has the numbers to win this region.

Region 6 - Too difficult to predict. Everyone returns 2 state qualifiers / Conway has 3. This is the one region where it comes down to who fills out all 14 weights with kids who can stay off their back and has the studs necessary to get 6 every time out.

Region 7 By far the weakest lower state region. Only 3 returning state qualifiers in the entire region. Wando 2, Berkeley 1. 

Region 8 - FD v. Summerville. AR a close 3rd in this region with Stall and WA battling for 4 and 5.

Guest Stephen Butler
20 hours ago, Guest Switches get Stiches said:

SwGuest Steven Butler congrats to your kid G Butler I'm assuming? He is a tough kid and did well this year,  BUT I guess you and everyone is back on the Summerville train and they haven't won anything in a little bit. All I know is your lucky the LaPrad's aren't coaching down there or anywhere for that matter bc It would be massacre.

I love how nobody has the balls to say anything and THAT IS HOW I KNOW I'M RIGHT!

Yes, Gavin is my son and I was proud of his focus this year after missing last year, thank you for the kind words. Hopefully he can continue to grow/get better next year! 

You don’t have to sell me on Laprad’s. I wrestled in the late 80’s/Early 90’s when the Laprad’s were probably at their peak. Always had respect for them/their programs/their results. 

Guest Returning Bearcat Parent
3 hours ago, Guest covid-19 said:

Hillcrest will simply reload. They return 2 state champs and another state placer. They had 4 JV state champs and 2 JV state placers. 106, 113 and Upper weights (182 and up) will be their soft underbelly but 120 up to 170 look for Hillcrest to be solid especially in the middle weights with Hopkins and Jagodzinski. The Jagodzinski kid was lights out in all their state duals matches. My guess is is that kid could've placed at varsity state. Region 1 won't offer any competition for the Rams.

Byrnes had a great run these last 2 seasons but I think they missed their chance. They return 3 really good varsity hammers and had 2 JV state champs but I don't see them getting beyond Hillcrest. They will in Region 2 however.

Rock Hill is gonna be in a "rebuilding" phase. Only 1 returning state qualifier. RH's saving grace is they will return 6 JV state placers. Don't expect much from RH in 20-21 but 21-22 could be their year. Being in Region 4 means RH could probably run their B team to a region title.

Clover is headed in the right direction. 2 returning state qualifiers, 2 JV state champs and another JV state placer. I THINK they can beat Fort Mill and get a region title but don't ever count out Coach Brock.

RH had 6 seniors this year wrestling.  Had a young team and for various reasons,  the seniors at 145, 170 and 182 didn’t wrestle in several tournaments or duals.  I think you’ll be surprised at how good RH will be next year.  1 freshman and 7 sophomores and 2 juniors wrestled several matches this year. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this