Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestlingfan1023

new individual rankings

Recommended Posts

Guest wrestlingfan1023

SCgrappler dropped week 2 rankings this week. I’d like to see what people think, or maybe where you would rank them and what weight class, since some kids have been hopping around. Can’t wait to see the state tournament this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the fact that someone is taking the time to do the rankings. It's good to know some of the kids names and not take it too seriously. The rubber meets the road in the next 5 weeks for teams and individuals.  Region play is always spirited w rivals going at it. Head to head results will be there. 

Don't take shots at SC Grappler, post your own rankings on this forum of what you believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Worldwide said:

I like the fact that someone is taking the time to do the rankings. It's good to know some of the kids names and not take it too seriously. The rubber meets the road in the next 5 weeks for teams and individuals.  Region play is always spirited w rivals going at it. Head to head results will be there. 

Don't take shots at SC Grappler, post your own rankings on this forum of what you believe. 

No place for that sort of thinking here. Our internet bill of rights gives us the right to criticize our fellow man from behind a screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Just a dad

Unless I missed it somewhere...the SC Grappler is anonymous?  Is there a method to the rankings?  Like coaches polls or something?  Trying to figure out how a kid like Walker Anderson from Lexington is ranked 5th, when he won Lower States and barely lost to the eventual state champ in a super close match at states.  Kids undefeated and ranked below wrestlers he has beaten multiple times.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, Guest Greathouse said:

Dylan Gary and Mica Hendrix 

Who are these gentlemen, and more importantly what type of wrestling credentials do they possess putting them into a position of astounding power and influence like compiling individual South Carolina high school wrestling rankings? What method(s) are they employing to gain the significant and relative data required?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 8:02 PM, Guest Just a dad said:

Unless I missed it somewhere...the SC Grappler is anonymous?  Is there a method to the rankings?  Like coaches polls or something?  Trying to figure out how a kid like Walker Anderson from Lexington is ranked 5th, when he won Lower States and barely lost to the eventual state champ in a super close match at states.  Kids undefeated and ranked below wrestlers he has beaten multiple times.  

 

I BELIEVE they were trying to get coaches feedback on individual rankings early on but coaches are often times unreliable themselves when it comes to knowing who is who. In a state where the turnover rate for wrestling coaches is well HIGH its up to the vets around the state to make those ranking decisions and also remember coaches only can truly comment on what they see. So if you only compete regionally how can anyone from the upstate truly know who is good in the midlands or coast. Coaches can sometimes sand bag their teams or kids as well. 

 

Individual rankings this time of year are well meaningless. Kids are still dropping weight or making decisions going into January about where to best set themselves up for a chance to qualify for state / win state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I demand an official inquiry into this. SC high school wrestling rankings are too important; nay, they are the end-all-be-all of the high school season. Who appointed novices without a state-wide network to fulfill such an important post? Was it that lunatic tweet-troller-in-chief, or another insidious plan by the SCHSL to again chip-away at our sport in favor of it's demise so that South Carolina can become a football-only state? The good wrestling people of South Carolina deserve and demand answers!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CarolinaHawkeyeFan said:

I demand an official inquiry into this. SC high school wrestling rankings are too important; nay, they are the end-all-be-all of the high school season. Who appointed novices without a state-wide network to fulfill such an important post? Was it that lunatic tweet-troller-in-chief, or another insidious plan by the SCHSL to again chip-away at our sport in favor of it's demise so that South Carolina can become a football-only state? The good wrestling people of South Carolina deserve and demand answers!!!!

So what we're really asking is......"what did the President know? and when did he know it?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The president or some other insidious force bent on the destruction of wrestling as a force for good instead wanting to twist the sport to serve their own self-centered reasons. If not the president, then I suspect another force of pure evil... like Tommy Bell or the SCHSL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 6:58 AM, Only_Avg said:

I think it's been Senator Palpatine all along. The SCgrappler dude is just a smoke screen. 

I'm not so sure that Tommy Bell isn't Senator Palpatine. He has made a career of doing what is best for Hillcrest as opposed to what is best for the South Carolina wrestling community. I have long suspected he has wielded behind-the-scenes control of the SCHSL. This SCGrapple thing might just be another of his sick, twisted plots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest
On 12/29/2019 at 8:59 AM, CarolinaHawkeyeFan said:

I'm not so sure that Tommy Bell isn't Senator Palpatine. He has made a career of doing what is best for Hillcrest as opposed to what is best for the South Carolina wrestling community. I have long suspected he has wielded behind-the-scenes control of the SCHSL. This SCGrapple thing might just be another of his sick, twisted plots...

This!! And if he doesn’t get his way he calls the SCHSL and complains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Upstate Crazy

I can appreciate the effort, but if your going to rank kids, at least create the appearance that you are putting in the effort to make it as accurate as possible. 
 

I mean there are ranked at weights they haven’t wrestled at all season, in some cases two weight classes away. Kids not even under the right school name etc. Hard to give any kind of thoughtful credibility when you see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

There is some truth to the previous statement.   

4A 126- Cole Arrington hasn’t wrestled 126 this year.  Been at 138 since he returned

4A York kids -  rankings released 1-3 but Kaleem Heard has been at 132 for 3/4 weeks.  Rumfelt has been at 120 for the same time.  Both are ranked at the wrong weight.  
 

5A -  Adonis Lawson not ranked at 138? 

There are several other rankings with kids in the wrong weights.  Before somebody says blah blah blah,  post your rankings.  I didn’t offer to do rankings. If I would have offered,  I’d spend more time reviewing and talking to people.  Seems kids they know are ranked and they are using last years SCMAT rankings to fill out the weights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, Guest Fan said:

Just saw you have to pay for the new individual rankings.

Hack here. If you go to Sports Engine who supports the sc grappler website you can register for free with sports engine. THEN go to the scgrappler page and join that page. It will ask you if you want to join using your sport engine account, click YES. THEN you can access all scgrappler content for FREE.

 

trust me, just did this and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×