I would like to thank those of you who contacted me on the passing of my dad. We will lay him to rest today. It has been a tough holiday season. He has been ill for a few months and then two weeks before Christmas had a massive stroke. I did not post anything here or on social  media as not to dampen the spirits of anyone. He had no progress at the hospital and the day after Christmas he went home on hospice. He passed away Thursday night and today we will bury him. 

I apologize for the neglect to the message boards and the website these past few months but had put any spare time I had into the attention of my family and dad during his illness and then this. I didn't even attend the Weekend of Champions nor the all-star games for the first time in 25 years. 

I have launched a new publication, Jim Baxter's Southern PIgskin Report, which focuses on recruiting and College Football ine Southeast. There will be SOME NFL things in there but not more than small news items pertaining to Southern region teams and NFL draft news. 

As for SCVarsity, I will continue with SCVarsity but it will change. There will be less general news and more focus on recruiting and highlighting individual players. We will remain a free publication, as well the Southern Pigskin publication. 

Again, I thank you all for your thoughts nad prayers for the family. My dad was a patriot. You'd never find anyone with more "I'm an American" mentality than he. He was a hghly decorated war hero from the Korean War and a volunteer for community services his entire life, right up until this past year when he just couldn't get out. He was 91 years old. 

IMG_2069.JPG

dad in korea.jpg

Dad in Korea 22.JPG