Sign in to follow this  
Grecofan

Head to head match ups!

Because we only have 7 kids on our team we travel a good bit to get mat time and different training partners for my little guy. During our travels we have met some wonderful coaches and kids along the way. We have also met several great referees (they need a pat on the back more often than they get).

Anyways, two kids in particular that we really like and are good kids both wrestle at 182. Ryan Humel at May River and Shawn Haile at Chapin. In two weeks they will be at the Dreher tournament and I can’t wait to see these two solid kids in different divisions face off. Of course they have to make their way through the bracket, but if they meet it will be a fun match!

What are some head to head, cross division matches you would like to see this season?

Oh, and because I just can't help myself:

maholtz vs Golden Corral 

At the end, does the Chocolate Fountain still stand?

• Haha 1

I know Aluyan and White got it on in the Fort D-Eastside dual a couple weeks ago. 

I'd like to see Williams at West-Oak, Bryson Ethington at Eastside and Lawson at Dorman mix it up. Ross from Indian Land would be a fun one against anyone at 120/126 from other divisions. Chase Smith from CB or Fernicola from Woodmont against Kesean Brown (not sure if he's wrestling since his commitment for football)

Some of these match-up may have happened already, I"m not sure. 

5 hours ago, ParTerre57 said:

I know Aluyan and White got it on in the Fort D-Eastside dual a couple weeks ago. 

I'd like to see Williams at West-Oak, Bryson Ethington at Eastside and Lawson at Dorman mix it up. Ross from Indian Land would be a fun one against anyone at 120/126 from other divisions. Chase Smith from CB or Fernicola from Woodmont against Kesean Brown (not sure if he's wrestling since his commitment for football)

Some of these match-up may have happened already, I"m not sure. 

Williams and Lawson saw each other at West Oak this past weekend. Final was 5-1 Williams but I heard it wasn't that close.

• Like 1

Nice! Thanks for the updates. Glad to see these guys are matching up. 

Really good win for Love, looks like he was dominant at the Bearcat as well. Williams, Brown, Soriano, Wilkins and Stephenson probably the top tier of Juniors I've laid eyes on in person (disclaimer: I haven't seen nearly everyone so please take it easy on me haha) 

Speaking of head to heads.... I think Chase Snith Vs Fernicola would be fun to watch! My money is Chase hands down IF he has any gas tank. Fernicola is athletic but has ZERO stamina. His match’s recently were close bc he can’t go past one period!?? Called injury time THREE TIMES bc he was gased. Is that even legal!??? 

Anyways-plug for the Chase kid from Cane Bay.... no clue why you fell off the rankings totally but you are the #1 guy. 

10 hours ago, Sean_Mascaro said:

It definitely was not close. Williams beat Lawson soundly.

10000% agree. Lawson was defiantly dominated by Williams. Lawson better get back to work bc he will have Schock and Lippincott in 5A upperstate! Should be some good matches!!