Sign in to follow this  
Chstiger99

Pre season rankings

They are pretty much based on finish at the individual state tournament as far as I am concerned, especially with AAAA.  We are lucky enough to have a returning qualifier, so we got ranked.  Arguments can be made to move a few teams up/down, but I felt like everything was pretty fair.  With football season being extended at least a week for most teams, I am hoping that there are a lot of teams having a somewhat low turnout right now, because we are overrated at 18 if I had to wrestle a match right now haha.

• Like 1

Losing Chapin, Cane Bay and Lugoff really hurt 4A competition wise. I would not be the least surprised if Eastside doesn't have 14 state PLACERS this season. Once you get past them and SP it goes down hill pretty quick.

• Like 1

4A as a whole has been very weak ever since they watered it down by creating 5A.  The best teams (Eastside especially) are still good enough to compete with 5A programs.  I can't really complain because it has allowed me to push kids through to the state tournament that likely wouldn't have had a chance at that experience if 5A didn't exist.

• Like 1