Sign in to follow this  
New SC Guy

Early season predictions

I heard that Bill Pierce was getting together a team of studs to make a big statement at the Southern slam this year.

• Like 1

5A - Byrnes has everybody returning I believe.  Hillcrest will be solid along with Rock Hill.  

Lowerstate -  I believe River Bluff is the best but the lowerstate should be loaded with the additions of Lugoff, Chapin and Cane Bay.   Fort D and Ashley Ridge will have their typical contending teams.  Summerville has some good returning wrestlers. 

4A - Eastside - Everybody else wrestling for 2nd best

3A - West Oak and Indian Land -  those two teams shouldn’t have any trouble meeting deep in the playoffs with winner being state champ. 

I think I  herd somewhere that woodmont might also be tough in 5a .. Eastside should be solid in 4a they have some new kids this year I agree everyone else is wrestling for runner up at best..WO in 3a is looking like the best team they also have a few new kids

I know eastside and west oak are both wrestling crescent at crescent on the same night this year - would be great if they could make that a tri match

• Like 1

Or they could make one of you guys watch to help boost sales. Nothing sells concessions quite like making a team weigh in, and then having them stand around for a while with nothing to do but watch other teams wrestle.

Chapin and Cane Bay could add some noise to lower state 5A. 6 returning SQ's for Chapin, 5 for Cane Bay.

5A across the state should be pretty competitive when you take into account that no one team has a "dominant" amount of SQ's coming back. River Bluff has 4, Woodmont 4, Rock Hill 3, Hillcrest 3, Fort D, Fort Mill 3, Lugoff - Elgin 3, Byrnes 3, Greenwood 3, Goose Creek 3.

I believe Eastside has the most solid line up in the state in all classifications especially with the new wrestlers they have in the program now...I also think they are closely fallowed by WO which has a few new kids plus alot of returning SQ should be interesting this year 

I have always thought that Goose Creek is a sleeping giant just waiting for the right coach. My understanding is that they have hired a young guy with Lehigh ties who can make that program into a powerhouse. I have also heard there is a wrestling club close by which can't hurt. Watch out 5A...