Sign in to follow this  

Flo rolled out their individual college conference rankings earlier this month it was good to see a few SC alums in the projected lineups. 

Gardner Webb- Artur Hofer (125)

Citadel- Rian Burris (157), Dazjon Casto (165) Martin Duane (184) 

Leitten at NC State, Hart at VT, and Alford at Navy not in the projected lineups from Flo, but have to think Leitten and Alford are pushing hard for starting spots. I think Hart likely takes a redshirt but if he's  progressing during first semester I could see him being the guy, since the current listed started isn't super entrenched in the weight. Interested to see if Porter can break into the Citadel lineup early at 141. 

Obviously,  the Limestone Newberry Coker and SMC rosters are chock full of SC kids looking to make an impact. 

I'll try to keep updates on results throughout the season via this thread, so loop me in on kids who are out of state no matter the division. 

3 hours ago, TCS said:

Brasseur at PC

Yes yes, totally forgot when they weren't listed on the Flo recaps. 

Assuming it's all open tournaments this year for PC guys already on campus. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, ParTerre57 said:

Flo rolled out their individual college conference rankings earlier this month it was good to see a few SC alums in the projected lineups. 

Gardner Webb- Artur Hofer (125)

Citadel- Rian Burris (157), Dazjon Casto (165) Martin Duane (184) 

Leitten at NC State, Hart at VT, and Alford at Navy not in the projected lineups from Flo, but have to think Leitten and Alford are pushing hard for starting spots. I think Hart likely takes a redshirt but if he's  progressing during first semester I could see him being the guy, since the current listed started isn't super entrenched in the weight. Interested to see if Porter can break into the Citadel lineup early at 141. 

Obviously,  the Limestone Newberry Coker and SMC rosters are chock full of SC kids looking to make an impact. 

I'll try to keep updates on results throughout the season via this thread, so loop me in on kids who are out of state no matter the division. 

Leitten’s time is coming in Raliegh. He’ll be battling a graduate transfer from Central Michigan (Justin Oliver) who came in over the summer. Oliver is a 3 time NCAA qualifier and I think an All-American one of those years. Battling this guy can only make Leitten better in the long run.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, scpackfan said:

Leitten’s time is coming in Raliegh. He’ll be battling a graduate transfer from Central Michigan (Justin Oliver) who came in over the summer. Oliver is a 3 time NCAA qualifier and I think an All-American one of those years. Battling this guy can only make Leitten better in the long run.

Yeah Oliver is for sure the guy at 49 for the Pack this year. Any chance AJ is down at 41? I think one of the Morris brothers is slated to start there per Flo. Regardless, his time is coming for sure. I've said it before on here but Pop might be the best developer of talent in the country. What he's done with that program is really incredible. Would be a nice little win for SC if Leitten and Trephan are in the lineup together for a few years. 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, ParTerre57 said:

Yeah Oliver is for sure the guy at 49 for the Pack this year. Any chance AJ is down at 41? I think one of the Morris brothers is slated to start there per Flo. Regardless, his time is coming for sure. I've said it before on here but Pop might be the best developer of talent in the country. What he's done with that program is really incredible. Would be a nice little win for SC if Leitten and Trephan are in the lineup together for a few years. 

Morris (RS Senior) is planned for 149. However, Morris is not nationally ranked and projected 3rd in the ACC. Obviously, that wt. is a weak point for us so if he can get down to it I would think he’d get a look. 

Good times ahead for Wolfpack wrestling. Pop is one of our ADs best hires. What he has in in his time in Raleigh is incredible. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scpackfan said:

FYI AJ Leitten will be Wrestling in the Hokey Open today at 141#. 

Finished 6th. Lost to a NCAA qualifier from Duke early. 

15 hours ago, scpackfan said:

Lost to Finesilver twice (semi losers at the Hokie Open drop straight down for 3rd, so if you lose early 5th is the best you can do) No video I could find but based on his scores he looked really good. Was up 6-0 on Finesilver in the first match but ended up getting pinned. I think settling into the weight cut will be huge for him, the first time down is always the toughest. I think having him in the Open as opposed to Freshman/Sophomore tourney speaks to how open the spot for that weight is. He could see significant time in the lineup. 

A bunch of other SC kids competed well at the Hokie Open also. In the Freshman/Sophomore tourney Martin Duane (Citadel) was 3rd at 184, Jake Hart (VT) was 6th at 157 and Hayden Prince (Limestone) also 6th at 174. In the Open division, along with the aforementioned Leitten results, Matt Rudy (Limestone) was 3rd at 197 defeating Citadel NQ Sawyer Root for bronze. A ton of other SC guys in both brackets. 

Tramon Jenkins (SMC) won the Patriot Open in Kentucky at 125.

• Like 2

The big question on my mind is how many students are going to be affected by the closing of ITT Tech. Also, how in the world one of the T's in ITT tech didn't already stand for Tech just baffles me. I mean, how many T's do you need for a technology school?

On 11/4/2018 at 5:34 PM, scpackfan said:

Leitten won the Wolfpack Open at 149#. He’s starting to make a little noise. 

On a aside, our 125# Sean Fausz finished 2nd in the U23 World Championships. Some good wrestling going on in Raliegh. 

• Like 1