Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

NASCAR: Kyle Busch dominates at Charlotte... is he best ever?

Rate this topic

Is Kyle Busch the best ever in NASCAR history?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kyle Busch the best ever in NASCAR history?

• Yes
    • No

With his dominant performance in Sunday's Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte and now having won a race on EVERY track in the NASCAR circuit, are we seeing history and is Busch the best ever in NASCAR? 

He now has 47 Cup Series wins, 50 Truck Series wins, and 91 Xfinity Series wins giving him 188 overall, and he's only 33 years old.  He has won 19.5% of every race he's ever entered in NASCAR's premier series'. 

Now I'm no Kyle Busch fan, in fact quite the contrary, but  you have to respect his ability. 

http://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Kyle_Busch

I use to be a huge fan of the sport. " Best ever", is a phrase that can not be truly answered. There is no way to compare muscling a 1957 Ford without powersteering or power breaks around a 1/4 mile dirt track with one of these so called stock cars of today, running on a mile and a half banked oval. Back in the day, I think racing required strength, endurance and guts. Today, a college degree and the ability to draw sponsorship. Oh and guts to drive 200mph. I lost interest in the sport when they changed the points system. 180 points to win, 5 bonus for leading a lap and 5 bonus for leading the most laps. It might not be close at the end of the year, but at least it was a true representation of a champion. That's my two cents.

Hard to say... he’s done a lot more in probably a much tougher era of nascar racing... but if he hypothetically went back in time when cars were less aero dependent and more driver... would he have the same (or more) success in an era where the cars were tougher to drive? Idk if I would put him up there as THE best ever yet.... but he’s definitely legitimately in that discussion now to be right up there with the likes of Earnhardt & Petty among others. 

The way I see it is no not yet. Is he one of the best in this day and age of racing absolutely he can drive the wheels off of anything you put him in wether it be a truck xfinity series or a cup series car. To be the best ever i would think he would have to get atleast 4 to 5 championships before we can start saying best ever then again if he doesn't ever get to the 7 championships the debate would be very interesting then for sure